Narbheram Hansraj Gujrati Middle School was established in 1924 to provide education to the children of the Gujrati community. In 1986 Mr. P. N Kamani started the English primary classes in the Gujrati school premises. In 1988 Mr. Nakul D Kamani took over as the School President and Chairman of the School Management Committee. He laid the foundation stone for the new building of the English medium school in 1989. The building, completed in 1991 was inaugurated by Dr. J. J Irani, Managing Director of Tata Steel in 1992. Mr. Nakul D Kamani is assisted by a committee of several eminent citizens of the town in guiding the school successfully on its quest for excellence in education.
In these 26 years, the school has progressed by leaps and bounds, carving a niche for itself. The curriculum formed on the guidelines laid down by the Founder, while retaining its essence has remodelled itself to address the metamorphosis happening in the society.
Leaving no stone unturned in striving to achieve excellence in its functioning, the school has adopted the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System, which has significantly contributed towards a high degree of academic and administrative consistency.
The school has been recognized for its commitment to excellence by TataSteel at the J.J Irani Excellence In Education Award ceremony.